Get a job a lose touch

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

My dear friend, who was always around all day to chat on the phone when I was at home and kids were at school has gotten a job. I am actually feeling pretty lonely lately. Even though she lives two thousand miles away it was like we were hanging out. We would talk about everything from how I called Addison Texas electricity providers that day to what I thought that I was going to make for Christmas dinner. Even though we were far apart, it was like we knew what was going on in each other’s lives all the time. By the way, I absolutely love cell phones for this, I don’t know what we did when we had land lines and had to pay a lot for long distance calls! Now that she works, I don’t get to talk to her often. We get to text and e-mail but it is still not the same. By the time she gets the chance to call me, my husband and kids are home and I am too busy to talk on the phone. I am trying to cook dinner and get everyone ready for school the next day and try to make everyone get in bed at a descent hour. I’m glad that she got a job, but I really miss talking to her!

 
Copyright 2009 Stiletto Diaries
Design by BloggerThemes